Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Days and Cows

Autumn is my favorite time of year, but sadly, it lasts about 24 hours here; we go straight from blistering hot summer into bone chilling winter. Today feels like one of the few fall days we get to enjoy here in the Little Apple. The leaves haven’t begun to change quite yet so we are without the brilliant colors, but the air is crisp and cool and today is simply perfect. If I wasn’t at work today, here’s what I would be doing.

Reading “A Wrinkle in Time” by Madeleine L’engle, drinking a mug of hot raspberry tea with cream and Splenda while wrapped up in a king-size down comforter and listening to Ringo Starr’s 1970 album “Sentimental Journey”.

I doubt it would go over well if I showed up to work today in my cozy green sweatpants, snuggled in a big blanket, but I did throw in Tim McGraw’s newest CD while I went over year-end contracts this morning drinking a fresh cup of Dark Roast Hazelnut coffee in my favorite cow mug. Not a terrible substitute.

Between wrapping up my morning and breaking for lunch, I found these pictures, which I love. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...