Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Please Hurry, Bissell!

First off: Happy belated 4th of July, readers! How lucky we are to live in this country, and a tremendous thanks to those men and women who protect us and our rights. Hubby: You are my hero (Well, you and my daddy!), thank you for everything you do for your men, our great nation and everything you do for our little family.

On to a few websites worth mentioning:

These are where I’ve been spending most of my online down-time. I haven’t actually purchased anything from etsy yet, but I’m super excited to, I’m having a blast browsing! The only thing I’ve actually purchased recently is a new vacuum cleaner, but to be honest, I’m pretty stoked about that! (You would be excited, too, if you were able to scrape this much hair off of the carpet with your shoes! ** Soda can used in comparison to show actual size.)

I finally broke down and bought the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser HEPA Dual Cyclonic Bagless Upright. We’ve spent hours on the floor with our (cheap, piece of…) disassembled vacuum, digging clots of hair out of the tubes with a bent clothes hanger, and when it quit again last week, well, frankly, I’d had enough! My Bissell is scheduled to arrive sometime this week, I can hardly wait!

A few other little things that have made me happy lately:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My sister has been on a mission for years to get my mom and me to watch it, my mom gave in a few months ago and it’s now her favorite movie! I finally picked up a copy and, folks, it’s pretty much amazing! I think mom and I now like it more than little sister! We both watch it border-line obsessively. Thanks, chica, for introducing us to this quirky film. The “Time Warp” is now one of my favorite things ever.

My sleeping mask. I’d commented that I wanted one, and being silly, dreamed up a very extravagant “Princess mask” that I would need in order to rest. About a week later, a black and pink silk sleeping mask came in the mail, with “Princess” embroidered on the front. (“It was the closest thing I could find” he told me) I love my new mask, and now hubby tells me I’m a princess every night before we fall asleep.

Dierks Bentley’s new CD “Up on the Ridge”. Uhm, pretty much AMAZING. He’s got this great bluegrass and acoustic sound going on, there’s only one song I’m not crazy about! If you get a chance, check it out. “Senior” is the best song on the album, if you ask me.

**Note: Our house isn’t as gross as this picture would make you think, I promise! Our vacuum basically quit 6 days prior, which was great timing because our darling Erika is shedding like fur is going out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...