Monday, May 24, 2010

Cecil and my Movie Marathon

I really will post about the tea party, I promise.

Last week I was sick. Normally I tough it out, but this stomach bug kicked my fat A$$. I spent most of last week/end on the sofa. On the plus side, I did get to watch a ton of Netflix. I got hubby a blu ray player for his birthday last month and we can now stream movies to our TV instantly. I’m not tech-savvy, but this is pretty neat. Since I didn’t have to concern myself with what anyone else might want to watch, I was able to indulge myself in a few of the quirky indie films I enjoy so much:

-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
-Manhattan, Kansas
-2 episodes of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Did I just admit that? Yikes… It was the fever that made me do it… I’m sure that’s what it was.)
-Cashback
-Brief Interviews With Hideous Men
-The Office: Seasons 1 and 2 of (Not really a feature film, but enjoyed none the less)
-Women In Trouble
-The Lovely Bones
-Bride Wars
-Caveman (Only because I am in love with Ringo Starr...)
-Knocked Up
-Mini-marathon of MTV’s True Life (Not a movie, but I watched it for a few hours…)
-The Princess Bride

So there you have it. All that time and I watched a ton of movies and crappy television instead of blogging about the tea party. Hang in there; check back, you’ll see it before too long! It’s worth the wait!

On a quick side note, a man named Cecil just made my day. You see, Cecil was one of my dearly-missed Satchel’s middle names. Satchel was a very regal dog, or at least I pretended that he was. He had a very fancy name; his official title was as follows: Satchél, Roy Wilkins, Cecil, Surname. (All this for a dog, who, before I got him was called simply “Puffy”). I like to think Satch was looking down on me and wanted to make me smile after a long, rough week/end. Thanks for the smile, Satchel, I miss you buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...