Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Maximum Capacity

We are almost an official Noah’s Ark, with 2 dogs, 2 rats, and with our newest addition, 2 cats. We only have one fish, mainly because Betas must live alone.

We’ve been talking about a second cat for a while and hubby was home for the weekend, so on Saturday we picked up a darling, 3 month old boy we’re calling Toby (unless we decide on something else). He’s a short hair gray, or brown tabby, it depends on who you ask. (Hubby thinks he’s gray, I think hubby is color blind). Forgive me not posting a picture, hubby took the digital camera with him out in the field.

So far, all signs have confirmed that Tentatively-Toby was meant to be our cat. A) He pooped in the car on the way home, B) He threw up in the car on the way home, C) He pooped AGAIN on the way home, and finally D) He likes hubby better than me. He’s also uber laid back and unshakeable, which is kind of necessary to live in our house. Last night Tentatively-Toby met our German shepherd, Erika for the first time. I assumed that he would be terrified, due to her crazy, hyper self, but they loved each other. They played, actively played, for more than 2 hours, and when I finally separated them to bring him upstairs to “his” room, Tentatively-Toby was drenched in slobber. I was proud of Erika for being (somewhat) gentle, and impressed at Tentatively-Toby’s cool attitude.

Besides our new addition, there’s not much to tell. Hubby’s been gone (although he came home Saturday morning, he had to leave again Monday at 2:30am) so my schedule is all wacky. I had chips and cheese for supper and stayed up until 11:30 last night watching 16 and Pregnant. I’ve also been doing some gardening, I don’t have green thumbs but there are a few pansies and some other pretty kind of flower that, but I’m not sure what it’s called, in the flower bed out front.

Since my last book post, here’s what I’ve been reading:

David Sedaris: Me Talk Pretty One Day
David Sedaris: Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
Who Moved My Cheese?
Marlena de Blasi: A Thousand Days In Venice
Ann Rule: Every Breath You Take (Currently working on, almost finished)
Yan Martell: Life Of Pi

And of course, every month’s issue of Cosmo, cover to cover, as soon as it’s on the newsstands…!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...