Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Real World: Fort Riley

Pretend with me for a moment that LT Fromage worked in the “real world”. My post would go something like this:




The hubster has applied for a job transfer. It would entail staying
within the same company, but doing something else for them. He put in his
application and the board of executives has met. Now we’re waiting to see if
he’s been hired.



Well, that was fun. Back to what’s actually OUR “real world”, Military Style.

Some months ago, LT Fromage filled out enough paperwork to purchase a small country ago and since submitting it, the military has contacted and interviewed all of our friends, family and neighbors and verified every detail of my husband’s 25 years walking the earth (“Ehem, Sir, we need someone who can verify that you lived in A HOTEL FOR TRAINING FOR 4 WEEKS THREE YEARS AGO. “ True story.)

Since submitting his packet, he’s had to send in multiple amendments, have a photo taken twice and provide glowing letters of recommendation. The board, who was supposed to meet in January, has finally met and will (fingers crossed here) announce their decision in 48 hours.




While it doesn’t sound like a big deal, we’ve got kind of a lot riding on the news we’ll get the day after tomorrow. When it boils down to it, it may dictate whether LT Fromage makes a career out of the Army. Yep, we’re on pins and needles here in the Fromage house (and the Fromage tent, there in the ‘stan). Keep your fingers crossed for us if you will!


Oh yeah, you want to know something else cool about the real world that we don’t get to enjoy in Military Land? In the real world, if you work, you get paid. In the Army, not so much sometimes. (Can I tell you how relieved I am the government balanced it’s checkbook by payday? 'Cause you send my hubster to a war zone, you effin' better pay him for it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...