Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheese Orgasm

That’s the only way I can describe today. For today only, calories don’t count, just remind me to tell the scale about this tomorrow. Hy-Vee just upgraded their cheese department and HOLY COW! I spent about 45 minutes sifting through wedges, looking for the perfect pieces to take home and try. This afternoon was spent lounging on the sofa with 6 different picks, which I had to share with our oldest cat, Garrett (who is also a cheese lover, he’s never turned down a sample, even eating blu and other pungent types!). Sadly, the goat’s milk gouda I bought was a bit of a letdown, as it was quite bitter. I’m not sure if that was the intended taste, or it’s gone a bit bad. I had a wonderful goat’s milk gouda in Denver last year, I can still taste it now… Best thing I’ve ever eaten! As I ate I poured over a book LT Fromage had sent to me last week, “Cheesemonger: A Life on the Wedge” by Goron Edgar (Who’s nickname, I love this, is “Gordonzola”! If I wasn’t already married… Just kidding. Sort of.) Awesome book! Thank you, LT Fromage!


Cheese and cows. Is there anything more one could want in life? Yes, country music.





(Front row for Eric Church at Country Stampede)


Although I could have done nothing else, I’ve been up to more than binging on cheese! Last weekend Country Stampede was back in town, which marks my 3rd (and final! We won’t be in the Little Apple next summer) year attending. I didn’t make it out for the full 4 days this time around, but scored free tickets to the first and final days. I missed the Nitty Gritty Dirt band, but was able to see Eric Church, Sawyer Brown, Joey + Rory and Collin Raye. Eric Church was okay, but frankly reminded me more of a rock concert that country, and Joey + Rory were just alright. I like a fair amount of new country music, but my favorites will always be the artists I grew up listening to, so I was excited to see Collin Raye, and catch Sawyer Brown for a second time (they put on a great show, if you ever get the chance to see them, go!).


LT Fromage is missing out on good music and yummy cheese, among other things. I promise I’ll update what’s going on at some point, but right now everything is changing so often it feels pointless to even bother sharing. Although nothing is ever to be counted on in the Army, he is expecting to be told a return date in the next few weeks. I’ll believe it when I see it. Has it really been almost 5 months since he left? I hope the rest of this deployment goes as quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised. - Michael Scott, "The Office"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...